Monday, November 29, 2010

I've got troubles oh, but not today..

I'm going to try and get an entry in while Miss Sophie is still napping. I had a nice weekend and it was nice having Dan home for the whole weekend. His birthday was on Saturday and we just spent it at home being lazy. We ordered Subway and him, Sophie and I watched How to Train Your Dragon. I love this movie so much. Then on Sunday we went to his mother's for dinner. It was really good and Sophie was a good girl, as always. hehe.
Shelli and the gang came back from the states last night. I gave Shelli a couple bucks to pick me up some stuff. I wanted an iPod dock for myself and they were on sale for $10. Now I can listen to music/podcasts while Dan is on the computer and I don't have to have headphones in woohoo! I also got her to pick up some jammies for Sophie. I think we've found her Christmas Eve jammies. They're pink with snowmen and penguins. Super cute! She also got a few more sets of jammies for $4! Like these!
Other than that there hasn't been much going on. OH! Jenn and I did go to the mall on friday, that was fun and exciting. We totally need to do that more often! I love her. :) I was able to check off a few more people from my Christmas list. We also ate at Mother Nature's and had fancy Christmas drinks. I had a Gingerbread Mocha Latte with little gingerbreadman sprinkles. Love it. :D Oh and I did purchase Sophie a new hat and mittens, which she needed. Showing them off here..I can't wait to get the Christmas tree and decorate! I'm so excited this year. I think part of it has to do with the Maternity leave and not having to bother about work and of course the other part is Sophie.

Sophie also has her first birthday party coming up that isn't family. I can't wait to buy Lily a pretty present! Dan and mine's 2 year anniversary is coming up soon too. It's so weird, it feels sooo much longer than 2 years, but in a good way. I love him to death and I find he's the one person I can be the most comfortable and most myself around.

The whole wedding details are kind of in a jumble right now. I really realized how much I suck at planning a wedding. I thought I wanted a fall wedding, but I want to be able to save more money. I don't want to settle for just the bare minimum. I have lots of wedding ideas and stuff like that saved on my computer. I want to be able to have the wedding I want, but I know I also don't want a huge, expensive wedding. Just we've been focusing on paying the credit cards and Sophie and I think those are more important. Well, not so much the credit cards, but I don't want to be put in debt because of a wedding and I also don't want to rely on other people to pay for my wedding. I know people want to help and I totally appreciate that!
I just only want to do it once and I want to do it right! Well, hopefully once! :) I would get married tomorrow if I had the money! I know it's not all about money, but it sure helps. Rushing to get married isn't important to me. What is important to me is Dan, Sophie and I being happy together, married or not. That's just a label nowadays. I know how much Dan loves us and how much I love him!

I love watching Sophie when she sleeps. So peaceful! Now that I have my hands free, I must do some more internet surfing before she wakes up again!
Oh the tough job of being a mother. Gotta love that like extra 20 pounds of dead weight! xD I can't complain too much, she's a good baby.. the cat on the other hand...

1 comment: